Tuesday 27 December 2011

Fresh-faced: a simple skincare reminder for the New Year

This is what the Compleat Beau should have remembered all along:
1. cleanse
2. moisturise
3. protect/sunblock
4. exfoliate
5. vitamin C


I'm busy reminding myself that it is this simple for the New Year in an endeavour not to be seduced by the fanciful and the complicated. Amongst my long-term favourites are Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil, Aveda exfoliator (evening only)and Weleda almond oil and creams for when all is dehydrated and complaining. I like moisturisers, tinted moisturisers and foundations with spfs for protection - the sunblock with the vitamin C will do your anti-aging as well as anything, and the real wonder products are those you return to again and again.

Makeup is a whole lot of fun, having given up contact lenses I'm planning on giving smudgy eye-liners a go again, neither can the power of an occasional beauty spot be underestimated.